Sunday, August 23, 2009

Barack My World: Our Day with the Obamas (well not quite, but almost)


LESSON OF THE DAY: Forget the clean underwear. Make sure when you leave the house in the morning, you have on a great shirt and some spectacular earrings. You just never know when you could be on national tv!









Not thinking about the fact the Obamas were vacationing in Oak Bluffs, we made our way over to Martha's Vineyard on the ferry. It was crazy from the start to finish; helicopters flying over, newscasters everywhere, "I vacationed at MV with Obamas" t-shirts hanging in every shop window. Creative food names on chalkboards set out on side walks like; "Obamaritas," "Barack-O-Tacos," "Presidential Beers." I had the "Barack My World" ice cream: coffee ice cream, Macadamia nuts and caramel swirl.



Mannequins dressed up like Barack and Michelle and messages to them on windows, "You can eat for free Sasha and Malia." Free?? This made my 6 year old mad! "Why can they eat for free but we have to pay and who are those girls anyway?" At least they are paying for their own home rental though- $35,000 a week!




We were just hanging and were approached by some camera men from NBC. I never would have expected them to use the footage! Check out Meredith doing the "Happy Dance" and Ann Curry imitating her later. My kids are so shy, aren't they?


ENJOY THE SHOW!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! And I love the happy dance. Have a great vacation...

    ReplyDelete